On Monday, June 28, 2021, in the Laboratory of Electrical Apparatus and Switching Processes, virtual reality (VR) in the power industry operation tests were carried out. Ph.D. Tadeusz Daszczyński, as part of research and development, together with PRADMA Dariusz Naruszewicz, created a model of MV switchgear in VR technology. The MV switchgear model is based on a graphics engine used in computer games.
In the future, this model, in various configurations and for different tasks, is to be used for didactic and training purposes in courses:
- Electrical Apparatus (1DE1501)
- Electrical Apparatus – basic course (1DA1514)
- Diagnostics of electrical devices (1DE2125)
The technologies available today, including virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies, allow you to build simulation models that combine the features of material models and mathematical models.
Virtual reality is a technology that provides an interactive computer generated environment, usually with a dynamically changing scenario in which to see and navigate. VR simulates the user’s physical presence in an artificially created world and allows him to interact with this virtual environment.
- Virtual reality at the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering»
- Short-circuit tests of innovative switchgear at the Institute of Electrical Engineering»
- Research on an innovative switchgear at the Electrical Power Engineering Institute»
In 2021, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology celebrates its 100th anniversary. We invite you to follow the jubilee website www.ee.pw.edu.pl/100-lecie/.