Out of the 141 persons who will be members of the Scientific Excellence Council (RDN) of the first cadency, there will be six scientists from the Warsaw University of Technology. Among them is D.Sc. Eng. Mariusz Malinowski, prof. univeristy from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, which will represent in RDN “Automation, Electronics and Electrical Engineering” discipline.
Members of the Council – a new body acting for the development of scientific staff – chose the academic environment. The elections began on April 12, 2019 and lasted until April 30, 2019. The researchers who had voting rights and who were on the electoral list were over 28,000. Over 18 thousand of them took part in the election.
Candidates from Warsaw University of Technology elected as members of the RDN:
- automation, electronics and electrical engineering – D.Sc. Eng. Mariusz Malinowski, prof. univeristy (Faculty of Electrical Engineering)
- civil engineering and transport – D.Sc. Eng. Dariusz Pyza, prof. univeristy (Faculty of Transport)
- chemical engineering – prof. D.Sc Eng. Jerzy Bałdyga, prof. univeristy (Faculty of Chemical and Process Engineering)
- material engineering – prof. D.Sc Eng. Małgorzata Lewandowska (Faculty of Material Engineering)
- mathematics – prof. D.Sc Grzegorz Świątek (Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science)
- environmental engineering, mining and energy – prof. D.Sc Eng. Marian Kwietniewski (Faculty of Building Services, Hydro and Environmental Engineering)
The Council will take care of the highest standards of quality of scientific activity required to obtain academic degrees, degrees in the field of art and the title of professor. Ultimately, it will replace the Central Commission for Degrees and Titles in the supervision of individual promotion proceedings. The RDN consisted of three representatives of each discipline. The first cadency of the council will start on June 1, 2019.
Information on the elections to the Scientific Excellence Council is available at konstytucjadlanauki.gov.pl.