The switchgear was manufactured by ELEKTROTEAM Sp. z o.o. from Bełchatów and directed to research at the Institute of Electrical Power Engineering, Warsaw University of Technology. The research included:
- Current path tests, including continuous current heating test,
- Withstand voltage tests,
- Tests of protection automation systems.
The research and development work carried out at the Laboratory of Electrical Apparatus and Switching Processes and at the High Voltage Laboratory was attended by: dr inż. Tadeusz Daszczyński, dr hab. inż. Ryszard Kowalik (prof. PW), dr hab. inż. Marcin Szewczyk (prof. PW), dr hab. inż. Adam Smolarczyk, dr inż. Marcin Januszewski, dr inż. Andrzej Łasica, M.Sc. Szymon Stoczko, M.Sc. Karol Kurek, M.Sc. Marek Piskała, prof. nzw. dr hab. Zbigniew Pochanke, M.Sc. Radosław Szreder, M.Sc. Maciej Ciuba.
Current path tests were performed for currents of 750 A per phase, obtained from the inductive regulator. Picture 1 shows the assembly of the cable connection (2x YKY 1×150 mm2 per phase). Temperature was recorded by means of 11 K-type thermocouples of the TTE426 series, class 1 (IEC 584-2). The length of the thermocouple cabling was 3 m. Ten thermocouples were installed within the tested LV switchgear, while one was used to measure the outside temperature. The thermocouples were connected to the HIOKI 8860-50 digital recorder via the Hioki 8958 scanner module. Picture 2 shows the assembled test system for current circuit tests. The operation of the 3FR AN transformer installed in the tested switchgear was also analyzed in terms of current-carrying capacity tests.
- analysis of possible disturbances in the operation of the tested system,
- analysis of the control and signaling system,
- analysis of the correct selection of protection functions and their interaction within the protected device,
- analysis of the selection of settings for protection functions used in the tested system,
- laboratory tests of selected functions in digital relays SEPAM 10B 43E (overcurrent relay) and TR-100 (transformer temperature control relay),
- tests of correctness of data exchange with a supervisory system (supervision center).
Testing of protection and measurement devices (Sepam 10B 43E relay, P30P transducer, DIRIS A10 analyzer) used in the tested switchgear was carried out using a microprocessor tester of the CMC 256plus type. A precise resistance decade was used to test the correct operation of the TR-100 relay.
Photo 4 shows the test system used to test the thermal protection of the transformer. Picture 5 shows a part of the measuring system used to perform the voltage withstand tests.www.ien.pw.edu.pl